Correct arrangement of dishes in the dishwasher
Your dishwasher is designed to hold the largest possible number of dishes while washing them properly. You can increase its efficiency by following some basic rules:
- Make sure the larger pieces don’t cover the smaller ones.
- Place each item in individually and find it a particular place.
- Make sure the dishes touch each other as little as possible. Ideally, not at all.
The dishes must “sit” well in the appliance so that they remain in their place during the washing cycle. Otherwise, there is a risk of damage not only to the content but also to the dishwasher itself.
Layout of dishes on the individual racks
- Fragile items like glasses, mugs, bowls, etc. belong on the top rack of the dishwasher.
- You can put pots, plates and cutlery on the bottom rack. There is generally a special basket for cutlery.
2. Be careful about very dirty dishes
Modern dishwashers can handle even very dirty dishes. Nevertheless, be careful not to leave larger pieces of food on the plates. They clog the filters unnecessarily. Likewise, it is recommended not to leave remains of acidic foods on the dishes. They can react with the water and detergent and cause corrosion in the appliance.
- Once every 6 months use a remover of grease and food leftovers. Simply sprinkle the powder on the bottom and choose the long program.
3. Keep the inside of the dishwasher clean
There are many various products to clean the inside of the dishwasher, remove grease, lime scale, corrosion and other impurities. Regular maintenance will ensure optimum water and energy consumption, improve the washing results and extend the overall lifetime of the appliance.
- Once or twice a year, switch the dishwasher on with nothing in it except detergent or the previously mentioned
grease remover. Do not combine multiple detergents.
- We also recommend using professional lime scale remover, even if you seemingly don’t have trouble with hard water. If you do and you use the dishwasher often, remove lime scale at least once per month.
- If you notice the clogged filter, simply take it out and rinse it under running water.
- In addition to special tablets, regenerative salts and other detergents specially designated for dishwashers, you can also clean the appliance manually on occasion with soapy water and a cloth.
4. Use quality tablets or capsules
Use quality detergents, which in addition to washing the dishes also prevent the settling of lime scale. Always maintain the right dosage. Brand-name detergents will extend the problem-free operation of the dishwasher by years. On the contrary, poor-quality ones can damage it.
5. Read the instruction manual
Carefully read the enclosed instruction manual, where you will learn how to take proper care of the given appliance. It will advise you about how to use it effectively and what to avoid.
Have you not found all the answers concerning maintenance of your dishwasher? Don’t hesitate to contact us.