Try these healthy gluten-free sweets. Their preparation will not take up much of your time. The combination of chickpeas, peanuts and dark chocolate is unrivalled. We recommend doubling the ingredients and making an extra batch of Christmas balls: as they are highly addictive.
How to recognise a recipe for healthy Christmas sweets?
- It doesn’t contain white flour – its role is replaced by hazelnut butter or healthy substitutes (chickpeas, coconut…).
- It doesn’t contain refined sugar – either it is sweetened with honey, stevia or natural syrups.
- It is free of trans fats – though they are not as harmful as it is said, they are not beneficial.
Chickpea-peanut Christmas balls with dark chocolate
- 200 g of chickpea flour
- 125 g of peanut butter
- 120 ml vegetable-based milk (such as coconut milk)
- 4 tablespoons of date syrup
- 2 squares of dark chocolate with a high percentage of cocoa
- Beat together the milk, peanut butter and date syrup.
- Pour the liquid mixture into the flour and mix it slowly in a food processor into dough.
- Work the pieces of finely chopped dark chocolate into the dough.
- Form balls from the dough and arrange them on a flat baking tray covered with baking paper.
- Bake the Christmas balls at 180 °C until golden brown.
- Leave the baked Christmas balls at room temperature to cool.
TIP: Instead of a block of chocolate, you can use chocolate drops.
Merry Christmas and bon appetit!