Raw Christmas balls with dates
Ingredients (for 15 balls):
- 1 cup of fresh dates + some water
- ¼ cup of peeled hemp seed
- 2 tbsp carob
- Pinch of vanilla powder
- Pinch of salt
- Carob or cocoa powder
- Remove the pits from the dates and puree them using a stick mixer with a bit of water into a smooth date paste.
- Mix in the hemp seeds, a pinch of salt and vanilla powder.
- If the paste is too thin and sticky, place it in the fridge to firm up.
- When it is sufficiently firm, shape it into small balls in your palms.
- Roll in carob or cocoa powder.
Store the balls in the fridge and consume within one or two weeks.
TIP: You can also use dried dates. We recommend soaking them overnight first so they blend more easily.
TIP2: If you are using cocoa powder instead of carob, the balls will be more bitter. Carob powder is slightly sweet.