- 3 horseshoes of salmon
- 2 tomatoes
- Herbs of your choice (oregano, basil, thyme, rosemary...)
- 2 endives
- 100 g of sliced cheese such as gouda
- 4 eggs
- 3 tbsp of milk
- 3 tbsp of chopped parsley
- Season the salmon with herbs and cover with sliced tomatoes. Then carefully wrap it in baking paper and set aside. Sprinkle the endives with herbs and wrap them in separate pieces of baking paper.
- Place both packets in the microwave in Crisp mode and bake for 8 minutes.
- In the meantime, break the eggs into a bowl, add the parsley and milk and mix thoroughly.
- Place the puff pastry on the Crisp plate and prick it several times with a fork. Then gradually layer the endives, small pieces of salmon and tomatoes on the dough.
- Finally, pour the whipped egg mixture over the top and sprinkle with cheese.
- Place the quiche in the microwave. For Jet Chef, Axent, Vitesse and Twin models, set the Crisp function for 12 minutes. For Max or Mini Built models, you will only need 11 minutes with the Crisp function.
Baking with Crisp is a joy
The patented Crisp technology on Whirlpool microwaves combines 3 types of thermal treatment - microwave, radiant upper heating and bottom heating. This 3D effect ensures perfect and fast backing with an irresistible crust. In just 2 minutes the Crisp plate reaches a temperature of 210 °C, which is ideal for baking.
Our tip! You can make this recipe even if you don’t have a microwave with the Crisp function - preheat a classic oven to 180 °C and bake for one third of the time longer. You can also use a standard microwave.
Tips for quiche variations
Does the recipe for quiche with salmon not appeal to you, or is it getting old? Try these fantastic variations:
- bacon, eggs, cheese, cream (basic quiche recipe)
- ham, cheese, leek
- tuna, hard-boiled egg, courgette
- leafy spinach and chicken
- onion, cheese
- mushrooms, tomatoes
- peppers, tomatoes, aubergine
What is your favourite variation of this savoury pie? Write in the comments or on Facebook.