Are you craving a good Italian pizza? Heat the oven to the highest temperature, mix the dough, let it rest a while and bake it for 10 minutes. This recipe for home-made pizza is super simple!
Ingredients for the dough:
- 500 g of fine flour
- 250 ml of warm water
- 1 cube of fresh yeast
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
- 2 teaspoons of salt
- 4 tablespoons of olive oil
- Tomato sauce / tinned tomatoes, or 30% cream
Base for the other ingredients:
“Sugo di pomodoro” tomato sauce is readily available in large supermarkets. It can be replaced with tinned tomatoes. Just add salt and season them with oregano and basil. If you are using cream instead of tomato sauce, use 30% double cream.
Procedure for home-made pizza:
It’s best to “start” the dough for an authentic home-made pizza 24 hours in advance. By the next day, it will have rested and the result will be moister and easier to digest. If you don’t have that much time, no problem.
- In a bowl, mix the fine flour, salt, sugar and crumbled yeast.
- Pour in the warm water and mix thoroughly with a cooking spoon.
- Once the dough is almost ready, add the olive oil.
- Knead the dough thoroughly and divide into 3 parts to make evenly sized loaves.
- Lightly smear each loaf with olive oil, wrap in plastic foil and put in the refrigerator, ideally for 24 hours but at least for half an hour.
- Flatten the loaf with your hand to create the crust, and stretch it to reach the desired size.
- Spread the tomato sauce or cream on the crust and layer on the other ingredients of your choice.
- Set the oven to the highest temperature and bake for 7–10 minutes.
TIP: Italians bake pizza at temperatures exceeding 400 °C. If you love pizza, get an oven that gets very hot. Multipurpose ovens with Crisp technology are an excellent option. The special Crisp plate heats to a temperature of up to 210 °C and can make a pizza in 5 minutes!
Most popular pizza toppings and combinations
- Sugo (tomato sauce), mozzarella, fresh basil
- Sugo, ham, mozzarella
- Sugo, ham, mushrooms, mozzarella
- Sugo, garlic, oregano
- Sugo, pineapple, ham, mozzarella
- Sugo, prawns, mussels, octopus, mozzarella
- Sugo, Italian salami, olives, mozzarella
- Sugo, corn, broccoli, paprika, mozzarella
- Cream, parmesan, pecorino, gorgonzola
What is your favourite pizza? Answer in the comments!