- Beef sirloin, as mature as possible (about 200 g per serving for 1 person, ideally roast at least 600 g of meat in a piece)
- Olive oil with rosemary
Steps to prepare roast beef in a microwave with the Crisp function:
Don‘t have a classic oven? It doesn‘t matter. The patented Whirlpool microwaves’ Crisp function takes care of proper roasting in an incredible amount of time.
- Remove the surface membranes from the meat, bind it with food string into a roll shape and place it on a Crisp plate. Do not tighten it a lot, the string could prevent it from roasting.
- Smear it with olive oil with a little rosemary, salt and add a pinch of pepper.
- Place it in the microwave oven. Turn on the Crisp function. Only 15 minutes of roasting is enough for this function.
- That’s it! Take the perfectly roasted roast beef out of the oven.
How to roast roast beef in a classic oven
In the oven, slower roasting is preferred. It will ensure that the meat is not raw inside and burnt outside.
- Remove the surface membranes from the meat. Salt it, smear it with oil and add some pepper.
- Bind it with food string into a roll shape.
- Roast the sirloin quickly in the pan from both sides until it becomes gold. This creates a crust that does not release the juice while roasting.
- Put the meat in a baking dish and place it in the oven preheated to 100 degrees Celsius. Bake for about 1.5 hours.
- Check it regularly so it won’t burn.
- When the meat is roasted, let it sit for half an hour in the turned-off oven.
- Serve the roast beef with mustard, horseradish or your favorite sauce.
TIP: Do you want the meat even softer? Marinate it in oil overnight.
How do you know that the roast beef is good?
- The cut is predominately pink – it ideally stretches from edge to edge.
- The thinner the roasted edge, the better.
- The pink color will last well for 2 days. Even after being stored in the refrigerator it should not turn grey.
TIP: Serve the roast beef cut to the thinnest slices possible. The thinner they are, the better you will enjoy the delicacy of the meat.
Modern oven tricks
Are you afraid your roast beef will not be as good as it should be? Modern ovens will help you. The following features are particularly suitable:
- Temperature probe
Many modern ovens have a temperature probe that is stuck into the meat. Right when the meat is done, you will hear a signal. With a temperature probe, there is no risk for the meat to be burnt or, on the other hand, unroasted.
TIP: The classic meat thermometer, though not so accurate, has a similar function. Medium meat should be about 54 ° C.
- Temperature preservation
If you want to keep the meat warm until the guests arrive, you can use the temperature preservation function.
- Eco roasting
Program for optimal energy consumption during roasting. It saves valuable energy and your wallet, especially during slow roasting.
And what about you? What are your roast beef experiences? Write us in the comments.