Home-made ice cream with vanilla
Nothing is better than classic ice cream! Nutritionists wouldn‘t praise us for this recipe, but a few teaspoons won‘t kill anyone. It was tested on our editorial board.
- 250 ml whipping cream
- 750 ml 10% cream
- 8 egg yolks
- A pinch of salt
- 200 g caster vanilla pod
- Mix the egg yolks with sugar to create foam.
- Add 10% cream and seeds from one vanilla pod. Mix everything.
- Pour some water into the pot and let it boil. Place the bowl with the yolk mixture on the pot and mix for about 10 minutes in the water bath. We must mix the mixture carefully all the time so that the yolks are not cooked.
- As soon as the mixture begins to thicken, we remove it from the hob and let it cool.
- Whip the whipping cream until it is stiff and then add it to the cooled yolks.
- Pour it into a prepared closable box and put it in the freezer for at least 8 hours.
- Shape scoops with the help of an ice-cream spoon and decorate them with fresh mint.
TIP: To get a fluffy consistency, mix the ice cream several times gently. Thanks to this, the air gets into the mixture. The ice cream will then be nicely fluffy and smooth.
Tips for other flavors
If you are fed up with classic vanilla ice cream, you can try other flavors. Just add more ingredients to the base.
Our favorite flavors are:
- Strawberry with basil
- Black currant
- Peanut butter
- Salty caramel
- Pineapple with coconut
- Pecan nuts with caramel
- Banana with chocolate
- Lemon with mint
TIP: Do you have a KitchenAid kitchen robot? Get a handy ice-cream maker. You can simply freeze the container and then just put the ingredients in it. The ice cream is ready to serve!
2. Fast curd cheese-fruity ice cream
Dense creamy ice creams are not for you? Try this quick recipe, done within 5 minutes:
- 500 g of fresh strawberries, blueberries or a mix of seasonal fruit
- 250 g of curd cheese or mascarpone
- 5 teaspoons of honey (or according to your preferences)
- Juice of ½ a lemon
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Fill in the prepared molds and cups.
- Freeze it.
TIP: Put a few drops of hot chocolate on the finished ice cream before serving, or soak it all in it. Yum!
And what kind of home-made ice cream do you prefer? Write in the comments or on our Facebook.